Zeality Announces Unique Ecosystem that Encourages New and Engaging Experiences
PLEASANTON, Calif. — May 10, 2016 — Zeality, a new ecosystem for content creators and brands to create premium virtual reality (VR) content for end-users, today announced high profile partnerships, a strategic leadership team and an advisory board that will secure its future in creating and socializing VR and 360 content. By partnering with the world’s best producers and creators, Zeality aims to bridge the gap between Silicon Valley and Hollywood with experiences that transform everyday environments into unforgettable experiences. Zeality’s partners include the San Francisco 49ers, Visa, RYOT News, and Reebok, to name just a few, all of which are contributing to a pipeline of immersive content that will drive more end-users to discover, create and share VR and 360 video.
The company’s executive leadership team has been hand-selected by co-founder and CEO Dipak M. Patel to lead the organization into this critical phase of growth and success. The team, which balances continuity in key positions with the elevation of world-class talent from around the industry, includes:
- Dipak M. Patel, Zeality’s co-founder and chief executive officer, is a 20 year Silicon Valley veteran, value creator, and thought leader who has worked with large multinational enterprises like G-Technology, a Division of Western Digital, and CA Technologies, as well as startups through his mentorship and advisory roles with the UploadVR Collective, Wearable IoT World, and DataRPM.
- Arlene Santos, chief eXperience officer, brings to her role over a decade of creative design and strategic marketing expertise building digital brand experiences for Stanford, Genentech, Johnson & Johnson, and HGST.
- Adam Dubov, chief content officer, is an Emmy Award-winning creative digital media and television executive with over two decades of experience in film, TV, digital content development and programming with companies including AOL and HBO.
“Our mission is to create an ecosystem for VR and 360° content creators to release, socially activate and monetize their content,” said Dipak M. Patel, chief executive officer and cofounder, Zeality. “On behalf of the leadership and strategic advisory teams, we are thrilled to be partnering with a variety of brands and media properties globally to democratize VR content and bring engaging experiences to the world.”
Zeality delivers VR experiences compatible on iPhone, Android and Google Cardboard. The ecosystem partners with brands and creators to build interactive content with customizable levels of engagement to link with their most important audiences and drive business profitability.
“Zeality is approaching sharable content in a way that no other company has done before and we’re excited to push the boundaries with this ecosystem in the 2016 season and beyond,” said Robert Alberino, Vice President and Executive Producer, San Francisco 49ers. “Our Zeality channel allows football fans to truly engage with the athletes and coaches through unique behind the scenes experiences and unprecedented access, delivering new and previously unattainable perspectives.”
“This groundbreaking VR platform is enabling us to interact with a wider audience with fully immersive content that gives viewers never before seen access to exclusive footage,“ said Gedioen Aloula, VP of Marketing, Visa. “Zeality is the ideal place for us to convey our story in a new fashion, one that captures audience imaginations from the second they start viewing content.”
Zeality’s advisory board will counsel Zeality into the next era of success by identifying future opportunities for boosting the growth and overall impact of the Zeality platform. Strategic advisors include:
- Seth Shapiro is the governor of interactive media for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and a two-time Emmy Award winner.
- Ted Schilowitz was the founding member and first employee of the product development team at RED Digital Cinema.
- Ranj Bath is the former vice president of corporate strategy at Beats Music and has years of experience in the digital media industry.
- Jennifer Sullivan is the president of memBrain with years of experience in licensing, product development and digital technologies.
- Ari Zoldan is the CEO of Quantum Media Group and Chair of the Media & Development committee for The Zahn Center for Innovation at City College.
- Rob Herb is currently a Venture Partner at Scale Venture Partners (ScaleVP).
- Roger Craig is a running back for the San Francisco 49ers and a member of the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame.
- Jason Khalipa is a CrossFit superstar and owner of NorCal Fitness.
Zeality is a leading social engagement and network delivery platform for premium virtual reality and 360° video content. Content creators, producers and brands are empowered by the Zeality platform to distribute and manage free or premium exclusive content, increase audience engagement and generate powerful brand activation and awareness. The company leverages strong strategic partnerships with innovative brands including the San Francisco 49ers, Visa, RYOT News and Reebok to create multi-directional engagement with a variety of audiences through immersive experiences. Zeality is available online, as well as in both the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. For more information, please visit http://zeality.co/.